Resolved: Conseco Life Insurance - Conseco Takes Your Money Quickly, But is Slow to Pay Out

Resolved

Conseco Life Insurance is not worth getting. They are quick to take your payment, but when it comes time for them to pay out, they are really slow.

On February 22 I had to have the Funeral Home get on a 3 way call with Conseco, just to find out the status of the claim. Finally we get the claims processor. The claims processor said it would take 7 to 10 business days to process the claim. Fine.

And finally getting a straight answer, because you get rudeness and comments like, "It'll get processed, when it gets processed." Poor customer service. Called on the March 7th, which was the 10th business day, and was told that it was processed and a payout check should be in the mail that day and I should have a check number in a day or two. Called today, two days latter, and was told the check was still being issued. I asked isn't that all part of the 7 to 10 business day processing?

I was told, "It'll get mailed out, when it gets mailed out." Totally unprofessional. It's not like its that much money. Just enough to pay my mom's funeral expenses.

Just try out others before you go with Conseco. Not good at all.

Product or Service Mentioned: Conseco Life Insurance Life Policy Claim.

Preferred solution: Pay-out to pay for my mom's funeral..